Jr High Tech: Intro to Tech
Hammers, saws, paint, and more! Students are introduced to the basics of “behind the scenes” through thematic lessons about construction, set design , paint, lighting, sound, costumes, props, and stage management. This class works closely with the High School Repertory in preparing for their shows. Students should dress appropriately for backstage work and be ready to have a “drilling” time!
• Lighting & sound design
• Stage décor: paint, set dressing
• Designing and building props
• Safety in set design
• Articulate and explain how technical elements (costumes, make up, lights, props, set, sound) are integrated into a drama/theatre work
• Experiment with a variety of technical elements such as costumes, make up, lights, sound, props that can be applied to a design in a drama/theatre work
• Evaluate the production elements used in a drama/theatre work to assess theme and perspective.
Teacher: Nick Schwartz
Tuesday Classes Meet: January 9-May 1
- No Class 2/27 (Tech Week)
- No Class 3/27 (Spring Break)