Facility Manager, The Theatre of Western Springs
The award-winning Theatre of Western Springs (TWS) is an 89 year old community theater with year-around theatrical programming for children and adults. TWS is located in the TWS building in Western Springs, Illinois, which houses two theatres, classrooms and administrative offices.
The Facility Manager is in charge of keeping the building and grounds in a safe, orderly and clean condition. This is a part-time position (10 hours per week) and pays $15 per hour. The schedule for this position is flexible and will require work outside standard business hours from time to time. The Facility Manager reports to the TWS Executive Director.
The Facility Manager is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the TWS building and grounds. He/she also schedules and supervises volunteers and vendors. Duties include:
- Overseeing the performance of the Theatre’s contracted general cleaning service.
- Maintaining the building’s landscaping, including lawn mowing and fertilizer application; trimming of trees and shrubs; weed control.
- Assuming responsibility for timely snow removal of the back parking lot, sidewalks, porch, steps, and ramping as necessary.
- Overseeing, and performing as required, regular maintenance of building systems including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire alarm, sprinkler system and security system.
- Ensuring all matters concerning building safety are being followed and exit lights, alarms, etc., are in proper working order.
- Determining needs (short term and long term) of building's interior & exterior and grounds including parking lot and making recommendations for maintenance and improvements. He/she must be familiar with the TWS Reserve Study and from time to time implement its recommendations.
- Obtaining bids from vendors when necessary for above needs in accordance with established procedures and supervising their execution.
- Performing miscellaneous repairs, cleaning and maintenance.
To apply, please send a resume and two references to Eddie Sugarman, TWS Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.