High School Rep!
This unique and exciting program is open to ANY high school enrolled CTWS students. We hope you join us!
What is it? HSR is a repertory company that exists in CTWS. You only need to be in High School and enrolled in CTWS to join! The goal of HSR is to allow high school students to take greater leadership roles and responsibilities within the theatre.
Mission: "A student ensemble striving to build character, responsibility, and leadership through classes and student generated productions. We believe that through collaboration and storytelling we promote a sense of belonging for all our members. Make good theatre!"
- Shows: HSR students host 2 of their own productions: one in fall and one in springs. During these shows, students not only act, but fully produce the show under faculty guidance. Students design lights, create sound effects, stage manage, run props, create costumes.... basically EVERYTHING behind the scenes. Students who audition for the HSR show are equally considered for crew positions as well as cast. Of course, high school students are able to also audition for main stage shows.
- HSR Hour: Thursdays from 4:00-5:00, any HSR student is invited to the company meeting. These are used for various opportunities including teamwork development, ensemble building, current show related business, educational opportunities and social interactions. No additional cost or pre-registration. HSR hour is supervised by CTWS faculty.
- Classes: We offer a variety of rotating curriculum for high-school students. Most of our HS classes meet on Thursdays.
- Directing: Every year a rising senior is selected to assistant direct the fall show alongside our faculty director. They then direct their own fully produced show in the spring, with the support of the same mentor director.
- 8th Graders: Are invited to join HSR for the spring production of their 8th grade year.
- Summer Stock: Each summer, HSR offers a fully produced musical production. This camp rehearses just 3 weeks but results in a full weekend of shows.
- Social Events: Throughout the year, various HSR events are offered. These events can be found on our FB page and on the website.
- Questions about HSR? Contact Emily Monteguedo, HSR Adviser. (Please putt Attn: HSR in the subject line.)
- Request to join 2017-2018 HSR Student FB Group