Summer Camp 2023 - Registration Closed
What's awesome about camp?
- Build confidence and stage presence
- Fun theme days
- Put on a show
- All campers perform multiple songs/scenes
- Learn from professional theatrical teachers
- Discover dance steps and choreography
- Learn & perfect theatre basics
- Fun theatre games
- Focus & discipline
- Acting & creating characters
- Free t-shirt
- Make new friends!
| Rising Kdg- Rising 9th|
| Session 1: Finding Nemo, Jr. - |
HSR Summer Stock: Mean Girls High School Edition- Rising 9th-Completed 12th
Questions? Email email@example.com
FAQ's for Rising Kdg-Rising 9th Musical Theatre Camp
We do our very best to keep parents and caregivers informed and up to date! Here are some ways we stay in touch:
- Email. We will be sending regular emails throughout the session. We use constant contact, an email server. Please make sure firstname.lastname@example.org and is on your SAFE list as otherwise, it may go to spam.
- FB Page. Follow our FB page for reminders and fun behind-the-scenes pics!
- Instagram. Ok... more fun than info, but another great place for pics!
The first day is always filled with tons of excitement, a little chaos, and lots of info. We ask for your patience and understanding as we try to process everyone as accurately and quickly as possible. We are so excited to see you and your camper!
- Doors open at 8:20 am daily.
- Campers wait outside until they are admitted by a staff member.
- Campers will check in at their assigned team's registration table.
- Campers put on a name tag.
- Campers assemble in the mainstage.
$450/per camp session (2 weeks of camp)
- Session 1: Finding Nemo, Jr. - June 12th - June 23rd (Off June 19th) 8:30 am-12:30 pm, Final performance: June 23rd at Noon
- Session 2: Finding Nemo, Jr. - June 26th - July 7th (Off July 4th) 8:30 am-12:30 pm, Final performance: July 7th at Noon
- Session 3: Annie Jr. - July 10th - July 21st 8:30 am-12:30 pm, Final performance: July 21 at Noon
- Session 4: Annie Jr. - July 24th - Aug 4th 8:30 am-12:30 pm, Final performance: Aug 4th at Noon
- Prior to May 1st = Full Refund (minus a $15 processing fee)
- After May 1 up to 2 weeks prior to the start of the session = 75% refund or credit (minus a $15 processing fee)
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the start of camp = no refund or credit
- Close-top water bottle
- Comfortable clothes
- Gym Shoes (or close-toed shoes) No flip-flops.
- A snack
- Note: Cell phones are not permitted during camp and must remain in the camper's bag.
- Excitement for fun!
- Please inform us of all allergies and medical needs prior to camp.
- Emergency medication (such as an epi-pen) may be left with our camp coordinator. Please place it in a zip-lock bag and label it with your child's name.
- There is no nurse on staff, but teachers are trained in basic First Aid & CPR.
Every camper is cast in the show. Campers are given their roles on day 2. Songs & scenes are assigned based on age & skill level. Every camper will perform in several numbers and/or scenes in the show.
What do I need for the show? You will need your camp t-shirt, black pants/leggings, tied shoes, and basic makeup including foundation, blush, lipstick, and eyeliner (even boys).
What is the performance like? For the final performance, campers will perform an entire show, learned in just 2 weeks! It's a "camp version," meaning campers perform in their camp t-shirts and black pants/leggings. We try to make sure every camper is in multiple songs/scenes.
At this point (February 2023) we are planning on a LIVE performance but will update as needed.
- Campers are grouped roughly by age.
- We cannot guarantee that children of the same age will be placed in the same group.
- Each Camper will be given a unique card that identifies your camper. Please place it in your front car window or have it available on your phone to show our staff at pick-up. Campers will not be released from camp unless their unique identifying card is shown to staff.
- If your camper is a walker/biker, please let us know. We are not responsible for safety in the parking lot, crossing the street or on the grounds after the camper exits the building.
- Parents/caregivers who are more than 10 minutes late to pick up their campers may be subjected to a financial penalty.
This year's theme days! They are optional but a BLAST!
Details coming soon!
Camps are staffed by qualified theatre teachers and high school interns. Every adult is put through an application, interview, and background check process. Our teachers have years of training and higher-level education in the arts or education, experience working with children, personal performing credits, and experience with theatrical productions.
- Camp Coordinator
- Drama Teacher/Director
- Voice Teacher
- Dance Teacher
- Theatre Workshop Teacher
- High school interns