Joining a show is a GREAT way to become a part of the CTWS family! We have opportunities for any enrolled students Kdg-12th grade. We encourage our students to both take center stage as a actor and a discover backstage as a vital part of our crew.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to audition or crew for a CTWS show, students must be registered in a class that corresponds to the same session as the production.
- Auditions & Callbacks (if any) are a closed process. Parents, friends and family are not permitted to stay.
- Depending on the show, students may be asked to sing, dance and/or read from the script.
- Please come with audition paperwork completed (available online).
- Students should be expected to stay for their entire time block.
- At CTWS, we seek to include as many students as possible while giving them a meaningful experience. Casting is not guaranteed. However, if a student is not cast, they will receive a personal letter from the director(s) with detailed feedback on how to improve and grow, as well as a position on crew.
- Any student that withdraws from a production after auditions will be ineligible to audition for the next session. The rehearsal and production dates will be available prior to auditions so students and their families are clear about the commitment.
- Crew chairs will be selected in advance of auditions and must apply online.
- Students may be cast without any previous affiliation with CTWS, but must be enrolled in a class that corresponds to that session.
- Students will be cast based primarily on their audition and the best option for the role(s). However, faculty feedback, theatrical training, interaction with other students, volunteer history (both student & parental) and prior production experience may be taken into account.
- At CTWS, we seek to include as many students as possible while ensuring a meaningful experience. Casting is not guaranteed. However, if a student is not cast, they will receive a personal letter from the director(s) with detailed feedback on how to improve and grow.
- There are NO class refunds after an audition. If a student stops attending classes while involved in a production, it may affect future casting eligibility.
- Students who are cast must agree to and abide by the CTWS Behavior Guidelines.
- Parents of students cast in Main-stage or Family Forum productions are expected to volunteer on the production.
(High School Rep production parents will have only minimal volunteer roles).
- Cast lists will be posted online at theatrewesternsprings.com under “News”.
- Volunteering is a vital part of the culture and community at CTWS. We believe that it is essential for students to learn how to be excellent performers and to learn essential backstage roles. Therefore, we encourage students to pursue both onstage and offstage opportunities. In order to encourage students to participate on both sides of the curtain, we ask that students work crew a minimum of these ratios. (Summer/spring break productions are not included).
- High School: 1 out of every 5 shows
- Jr High and Under: 1 out of every 4 shows.
- Attending rehearsals is an essential part of the production process. Therefore, we expect families to prioritize rehearsals. Being on time is important. If you will be absent or late, please notify the stage manager.
- Excused conflicts: students may request up to 4 absences during a rehearsal run. These MUST be listed on the audition form at auditions with dates. Partial conflicts (leave early or arrive late) count as ½ absence. Please check the rehearsal dates thoroughly prior to auditioning.
- Unexcused absences: Any absence that arises after casting is considered “unexcused” and will invoke further action to be determined by the CD and/or directors. These actions may include a combination of additional volunteer work, cleaning duties, removal from a scene/song/bows, removal from show, and/or ineligibility to audition for future shows.
- Permitted absences: absence due to illness, death in the family or emergency circumstances are permitted but must be communicated and will carry no consequences.
- No absences are allowed during tech rehearsals, dress rehearsals, costume parades, Sandwich Sunday or any performances.
- CTWS reserves the right to cancel or add performances based on sales.
- Performances noted as “possible” are part of the rehearsal schedule and CTWS reserves the right to add those performances. Students are expected to hold those dates for possible performances until the are officially “released” by the Director, which may not happen until after the run has begun.