Welcome back to CAMP!
(LIVE and In-Person!!!)
Welcome back to SUMMER! We all know that COVID-19 has changed so much. Our love of story, music, drama, dance, and creating has not wavered, and we are SO excited to offer summer camp this year. Spots are VERY limited, so sign up quickly! Camp may look a little different, but the love and magic of theatre are the same.
CAMP Safety & COVID-19
- We will be continuing to follow the COVID state and industry guidelines. If you have specific questions related to COVID, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For each session, the entire group of campers & staff limited to 50
- Social distancing on and off stage as much as possible
- Masks covering the mouth/nose required at all times (including performance)
- Increased cleaning, hand sanitizing, and building sanitizing procedures
- Utilization of outdoor spaces (weather permitting), as well as increased airflow
- Final performance will be filmed (no live audience in the theatre)
- Daily health screenings and curbside drop-off/pick up
- In the event of a COVID positive case among campers or staff, that group will be moved online for the remainder of the session
Camp QR Code for Daily Health Screening
What's awesome about camp?
- No audition required - every student given a "moment to shine"
- Build confidence and stage presence
- Fun theme days
- Put on a show
- All campers perform multiple songs/scenes
- Learn from professional theatrical teachers
- Discover dance steps and choreography
- Learn & perfect theatre basics
- Fun theatre games
- Focus & discipline
- Acting & creating characters
- Free t-shirt
- Make new friends!
Click on Logos for Camp Details
FAQ's for Kdg-7th Musical Theatre Camp (Little Mermaid)
We do our very best to keep parents and caregivers informed and up to date! Here are some ways we stay in touch:
- Email. We will be sending regular emails throughout the session. We use constant contact, an email server. Please make sure email@example.com is on your SAFE list as otherwise, it may go to spam.
- Remind App. If you would like text reminders sent to your phone, click here for instructions
- FB Page. Follow our FB page for reminders and fun behind-the-scenes pics!
- Instagram. Ok... more fun than info, but another great place for pics!
The first day is always filled with tons of excitement, a little chaos, and lots of info. We ask for your patience and understanding as we try to process everyone as accurately and quickly as possible. We are so excited to see you and your camper!
- We will be having a virtual parent meeting Sunday before the start of each camp session.
- Doors open at 8:20 am daily.
- Campers wait outside they are admitted by a staff member.
- Campers will check-in at their assigned team's registration table.
- Campers pick up their bag & t-shirt. This may be taken HOME and is not needed at camp.
- Campers put on a name tag.
- Campers assemble in the mainstage.
- Please do not send any food or snacks.
Session 1: Session 1: June 25th-July 9th, 8:30 am-12:30 pm $400SOLD OUT!
- Session 2: Session 2: July 12th-July 23rd 8:30 am-12:30 pm $400
Session 3: Session 3: July 26th-August 6th, 8:30 am-12:30 pm $400SOLD OUT! Jr - HSR Summer Stock: HSR Summer Stock: July 5th-23th 2:00 pm-6:00 pm $500SOLD OUT!
- Prior to May 1st = Full Refund or credit (minus a small processing fee)
- After May 1 up to 2 weeks prior to the start of session = 75% refund or credit (minus a small processing fee)
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the start of camp = no refund or credit
- Close-top water bottle (No food is permitted)
- Comfortable clothes
- Gym Shoes (or close-toed shoes) No flip-flops.
- Note: Cell phones are not permitted during camp and must remain in the camper's bag.
- Excitement for fun!
- Please inform us of all allergies and medical needs prior to camp.
- Emergency medication (such as epi-pen) may be left with our camp coordinator. Please place it in a zip-lock bag and label it with your child's name.
- There is no nurse on staff, but teachers are trained in basic First Aid & CPR.
Every camper is cast in the show. There is no formal audition, but a brief assessment of their skills on the first day. Campers are given their roles on day 2. Typically (though not always), larger roles go to older students. Songs & scenes are assigned based on age & skill level. While we cannot guarantee every student will get a large role, we try to make sure everyone has a "moment to shine." Some examples of a moment to shine are: solo, speaking line, duet/trio, featured dancer/dance moment, actor in a small scene. Not everyone is guaranteed a line or solo, but we do attempt to give everyone something special! Every camper will perform in several numbers and/or scenes in the show.
What do I need for the show? You will need your camp t-shirt, black pants/leggings, tied shoes, and basic makeup including foundation, blush, lipstick, and eyeliner (even boys).
What is the performance like? For the final performance, campers will perform an entire Jr. show, learned in just 2 weeks! It's a "camp version," meaning campers perform in their camp t-shirts and black pants/leggings. We try to make sure every camper is in multiple songs/scenes.
- The Little Mermaid Session 1: Final performance filmed: July 9th
- The Little Mermaid Session 2: Final performance filmed: July 23th
- The Little Mermaid Session 3: Final performance filmed: August 6th
- Jr. High-High School Show: Something Rotten, Final performance filmed: July 23rd
- Campers are grouped roughly by age.
- Campers in the same household will be placed together if possible, regardless of age.
- We cannot guarantee that children of the same age will be placed in the same group.
- Due to COVID-19 policies and the smaller than typical groups/teams, we are not able to accommodate specific friend requests this year. If you have an exceptional circumstance, please contact us.
- Each day of camp, the camper must complete a Covid-19 screening, scan the Theatre of Western Spring's QR code to gain entry.
- Each Camper will be given a unique card that identifies your camper. Please place it in your front car window or have it available on your phone to show our staff at pick-up. Campers will not be released from camp unless their unique identifying card is shown to staff.
- Campers ages 11 (by 5/1/21) and older may sign themselves out with parent pre-authorization. We are not responsible for safety in the parking lot, crossing the street or on the grounds after the camper exits the building.
- Parents/caregivers who are more than 10 minutes late to pick up their campers may be subjected to a financial penalty.
This year's theme days! There are optional but a BLAST!
Tuesday - Crazy Hair DayWednesday - Tropical DayThursday - OlympicsFriday - Pirates vs. PrincessesWeek 2:
Monday - Pattern Day (mix patterns, etc.)
Tuesday - Create your own Superhero
Wednesday - Cowgirls & Cowboys Day
Thursday - Tie-Die/Rainbow Colors
Camps are staffed by qualified theatre teachers and high school interns. Every adult is put through an application, interview and background check process. Our teachers have years of training and higher-level education in the arts or education, experience working with children, personal performing credits, and experience with theatrical productions.
- Camp Coordinator
- Drama Teacher/Director
- Voice Teacher
- Dance Teacher
- Theatre Workshop Teacher
- High school interns