JOIN THE FUN AT THE THEATRE OF WESTERN SPRINGS
We welcome people of all experience levels to join us at the Theatre of Western Springs. We call our dedicated volunteers Actives. TWS Actives do it all: acting, set construction, ticket-taking and everything else it takes to put on show after wonderful show.
To become an Active, you need to:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Volunteer! Actives make the Theatre happen!
- Purchase a full season subscription.
To become eligible for Casting, you need to also:
- Take Studio 1. All casting at TWS is done by the Play Selection and Casting Committee through a non-audition process. Once you have completed Studio 1, you will become eligible for casting.
SUMMER STUDIO 1 WILL RUN August 5-20, 2017
Studio 2017 will be taught by Chicago director Amy V. Fenton who has a diverse background in the arts including training in art, theater, music, performance art and modern dance. Her directing credits include “The Clean House” and “Boy Gets Girl” at TWS, and plays at Strawdog Theatre, Lifeline Theatre, Zebra Crossing, Chicago Dramatists and Dominican University. As a Directing Fellow at the Hangar Theater in Ithaca, NY, she received an award for excellence for her direction of three original adaptations.
Studio 1 is “TWS Bootcamp/Acting 101” consisting of 12 sessions during which participants work on and perform monologues and scenes. In addition, they learn about the different technical/design areas of the theatre. Studio 1 culminates in the presentation of scenes to fellow Actives, family and friends.
Sessions take place on the following dates:
- 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday, August 5
- 7 – 10:30 p.m. Sunday, August 6
- 7 – 10:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 8
- 7 – 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, August 9
- 7 – 10:30 p.m. Thursday, August 10
- 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday, August 12
- 7 – 10:30 p.m. Sunday, August 13
- 7 – 10:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 15
- 7 – 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, August 16
- 7 – 10:30 p.m. Thursday, August 17
- 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday, August 19
- 7 – 10:30 p.m. Sunday, August 20 (Graduation)
Studio costs $40 which can be applied to the seven-play subscription for 2017 – ’18 season that is required for casting. Once a person has taken Studio and purchased a 7-play subscription, he or she is eligible for casting. During the first year, there is an expectation to work in some capacity backstage or front of house.
Attendance is required at 10 of the 12 sessions. You must be in class the last 2 sessions & present for graduation. Enrollment in Studio is limited.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Diana at 708 246-4043 or email her at email@example.com.Studio 1 Details Studio Registration Form