Tech: Jr High & HS Makeup
Bring theatrical characters to life using tools and colors of makeup! Whether you’re a theatre veteran or new student, this is a great practical and creative skill to add to your repertory. Students will explore everything from basic aging makeup to animals, fantasy/glamour, and ghouls and Halloween effects. This class is hands on, with students practicing both on their own faces and on each other. This class will also be working closely designing and executing makeup for the Spring Mainstage production of “Beauty & the Beast”! Note: Students are required to bring their own make-up smock and wipes on the first day of class. The Ben Nye Pro Kit is included in the cost of the class.
- Skills Focus:
- Stage make-up basics: foundation, shadowing, blush, stippling.
- Narrowing and broadening the face
- Special effects: cuts, scars, bruises, burns, black eyes, etc.
- Facial hair applications: moustaches, beards, sideburns, eyebrows
- Designing character makeup
Monday Classes Meet: January 8-May 7
- No Class 1/15 (MLK Day)
- No Class 2/26 (Tech Week)
- No Class 3/26 (Spring Break)
- Classes WILL meet Presidents Day, 2/19