Jr High Specialty: Playwriting
This course is designed to familiarize students with the collaborative process of playwriting for the theatre. Students will gain experience in the writing of monologues and scenes, the structuring of comedic and dramatic material and the function of rewrites in the rehearsal process. Students will also read published plays, critiquing and learning through discussion. Learn to create characters, worlds, stories and invite other to join you in the journey of your creativity!
- Using existing literature to create new theatrical scripts
- Working collaboratively and developmentally
- “Pitching” ideas or concepts to ensembles
- Refining scripts and dialogue
- Communicating ideas through stage directions and written scripts
Mondays 6:00-7:00 pm