Hammers, saws, paint, and more! Students are introduced to the basics of “behind the scenes” through thematic lessons about construction, set design, paint, lighting, sound, costumes, props, and stage management. This class works closely with the High School Repertory in preparing for their shows. Students should dress appropriately for backstage work and be ready to have a “drilling” time! Note: This class is designed as a YEAR LONG curriculum. Students must enroll in fall to be eligible to register for spring.
- Lighting & sound design
- Stage décor: paint, set dressing
- Designing and building props
- Safety in set design
- Articulate and explain how technical elements (costumes, make up, lights, props, set, sound) are integrated into a drama/theatre work
- Experiment with a variety of technical elements such as costumes, make up, lights, sound, props that can be applied to a design in a drama/theatre work
- Evaluate the production elements used in a drama/theatre work to assess theme and perspective.
Teacher: Dee Markos