Join us at TWS
TWS is a community theatre where all are welcome to learn with us.
Everyone is welcome to take a class or to volunteer at TWS.
To be eligible to perform with us, you are required to become an Active and to take Studio (details below).
Become an Active
We welcome people of all experience levels to join us at the Theatre of Western Springs. We call our dedicated volunteers Actives. TWS Actives do it all: acting, set construction, ticket-taking and everything else it takes to put on show after wonderful show.
To become an Active, you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Volunteer! Actives make the Theatre happen!
- Purchase a full season subscription ($118 - $132)
To become eligible for Casting, you must also take Studio 1. All casting at TWS is done by the Play Selection and Casting Committee through a non-audition process.
Studio 1 is “TWS Bootcamp” which consists of twelve sessions during which participants work on and perform monologues and scenes, and learn about the different technical/design areas of the theatre. Studio 1 culminates in a presentation of scenes to which you can invite your family and friends.
Our next session of Studio 1 is October 20 - Nov 4
The dates and times are:
- Sat Oct 20th 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Sun Oct 21st 7 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Tue Oct 23rd 7 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Wed Oct 24th 7 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Thur Oct 25th 7 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Sat Oct 27th 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Sun Oct 28th 9:00 a.m. – 12noon
- Tues Oct 30th 7:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Thur Nov 1st 7:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m
- Fri Nov 2nd 6:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Sat Nov 3rd 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Sun Nov 4th 6:00 p.m. call, 7pm performance
Attendance is required at 10 of the 12 sessions. You must be in class the last 2 sessions & present for graduation. Enrollment in Studio is limited.
The cost for the Studio 1 Workshop is $40. The $40 can be applied to the purchase of your full-season subscription. Once you have taken Studio, purchased a subscription, and volunteered you are eligible for casting.
If you have any questions or to register, please contact Diana Visk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Studio" in the subject line.