CTWS Summer Camp 2019!
Join us for the BEST 2 weeks of your summer! Come sing, dance act and have tons of FUN. All campers are cast in the show; learning songs, scenes and dances to create an AMAZING final production. Camp is a perfect introduction to theatre, while still challenging for experienced performers!
What's awesome about camp?
- No audition required- every student given a "moment to shine"!
- Build confidence and stage presence
- Learn singing technique
- Fun theme days
- Perform on the main-stage of a 400 seat professional theatre building
- Put on a full-length show
- All campers perform multiple songs/scenes
- Learn from professional theatrical teachers
- Discover dance steps and choreography
- Learn & perfect theatre basics
- Fun theatre games
- Focus & discipline
- Acting & creating characters
- Free t-shirt
- Make new friends!
Click on Logos for Camp Details
*New This Year*
- Additional performance for HSR show on Sunday.
- Session 2 is 9:00 am-1:30 pm the entire session (off July 4th).
Already registered? Go ahead and complete our required
FAQ's for Kdg-7th Musical Theatre Camp
(Improv, HSR, Jr High Camp please see individual pages for info)
We do our very best to keep parents and caregivers informed and up to date! Here are some ways we stay in touch:
- Email. We will be sending regular emails throughout the session. We use constant contact, an email server. Please make sure firstname.lastname@example.org is on your SAFE list as otherwise, it may go to spam.
- Remind App. If you would like text reminders sent to your phone, Click Here for Instructions.
- FB Page. Follow our FB page for reminders and fun behind the scenes pics!
- Instagram. Ok... more fun than info, but another great place for pics!
The first day is always filled with tons of excitement, a little chaos and lots of info. We ask for your patience and understanding as we try to process everyone as accurately and quickly as possible. We are so excited to see you and your camper!
- Doors open at 8:50 am daily.
- Campers must be accompanied into the building by an adult on the first day.
- First day registration/check-in/parent(or caregiver) meeting typically lasts until approx 9:35 am.
- Campers will check in at their assigned team's registration table.
- Campers pick up their bag & t-shirt. This may be taken HOME by a parent/caregiver and is not needed at camp.
- Campers put on a name tag.
- Campers drop off lunch and personal items at their team's table.
- Campers assemble in the mainstage.
- There will be brief a mandatory parent/caregiver meeting in the lobby. We MUST have at least one adult present for campers.
- Session 1: tbd.. Session 1: June 17-28th, 9:00 am-1:00 pm $400
- Session 2: Peter Pan Jr. Session 2: July 1-July 12th 9:00 am-1:30 pm, no camp July 4 $400
- Session 3: tbd Session 3: July 15-26th, 9:00 am-1:00 pm $400
- Session 4: Peter Pan Jr. Session 4: July 29-Aug 9th, 9:00 am-1:00 pm $400
- HSR Summer Stock: HSR Summer Stock: July 8th-26th 2:00 pm-6:00 pm
Performances: Friday, July 26th 7:00 pm, Saturday, July 27th 2:00 pm & 6:00 pm, Sunday, July 28th 2:00 pm & 6:00 pm
- Jr High Camp: July 29-Aug. 9, Performances Aug 10th 2:00 pm-6:00 pm $450
- Jr High/High School Improv Camp: June 24-28 2:00 pm-6:00 pm (no final show) $250
- Prior to May 1st = Full Refund or credit (minus a small processing fee)
- After May 1 up to 2 weeks prior to the start of session = 75% refund or credit (minus small processing fee)
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the start of camp = no refund or credit
- Water Bottle
- Comfortable Clothes
- Gym Shoes (or close-toed shoes) No flip-flops.
- Nut free sack lunch (daily)
- Optional Snack $1. We sell some prepackaged snacks for $1 each: rice crispy treats, candy, pretzels, animal crackers, goldfish, etc.
- Note: Cell phones are not permitted during camp and must remain in the campers bag.
- Excitement for fun!
- Please inform us of all allergies and medical needs prior to camp.
- Emergency medication (such as epi-pen) may be left with our camp coordinator. Please place in a zip-lock bag and label with your child's name.
- We are a STRICT nut-free camp. If you send your child with an item containing nuts, they may be sent home.
- There is no nurse on staff, but teachers are trained in basic First Aid & CPR.
Every camper is "cast" in the show. There is no formal audition, but a brief assessment of their skills on the first day. Campers are given their roles on day 2. Typically (though not always), larger roles go to older students. Songs & scenes are assigned based on age & skill level. While we cannot guarantee every student will get a large role, we try to make sure everyone has a "moment to shine." Some examples of a moment to shine are: solo, speaking line, duet/trio, featured dancer/dance moment, actor in a small scene. Not everyone is guaranteed a line or solo, but we do attempt to give everyone something special! Every camper will perform in several numbers and/or scenes in the show.
What do I need for the show? You will need your camp t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, and basic makeup including foundation, blush, lipstick, and eyeliner (even boys).
What is the performance like? For the final performance, campers will perform an entire Jr. show, learned in just 2 weeks! It's a "camp version," meaning campers perform in their camp t-shirts and jeans. Some campers are given small costume items in addition to their shirt or small props. We have a few set items and a platform set to make sure everyone can be seen. We try to make sure every camper is in multiple songs/scenes.
Who can come to the performance? You are issued up to 4 tickets per camper. If there are additional tickets available, they will be released on the 2nd Monday of camp.
Is it reserved seating & can I choose my seats? Yes, seating is reserved, but you cannot choose your seats. We will assign seats based on the date registration is processed.
Can we take pictures or video? No. There is no photography or videography. It's against the licensing agreement made with the royalty holders. If you are in violation you may be asked to leave the performance. The campers will be posed in groups after the show so you can get a picture on stage!
When are the shows?
- Session 1: June 28th Noon
- Session 2: July 12th Noon
- Session 3: July 26th Noon
- Session 4: Aug 9th Noon
- Jr High: Aug 10th Noon & 4:00pm
- Campers are grouped roughly by ages, usually spanning about 3-4 years on each team.
- We cannot guarantee that children of the same age will be placed in the same group.
- You are able to request ONE friend to be in the same group. If the campers are different ages, the pair will be bumped down to the younger group.
- Friend requests MUST be made prior to camp and cannot be accommodated on the day of registration.
- We are not able to provide friend requests based on schools.
- 1st day of camp, the camper must be accompanied into the building by an adult.
- After first day, campers may be dropped off in front of the theatre. Please drive AROUND the back of the theatre, so your camper may exit directly onto the sidewalk.
- Campers must be signed out each day by an adult on their pre-approved list who must provide a photo ID daily. Campers will be separated by teams for pick-up.
- Sign-out procedures typically take approx 10-15 minutes after the end of camp.
- *NEW* Campers ages 11 (by 5/1/19) and older may sign themselves out with parent pre-authorization. We are not responsible for safety in the parking lot, crossing the street or on the grounds after the camper exits the building.
- Parents/caregivers who are more than 10 minutes late to pick up their campers may be subjected to a financial penalty.
We have some fun theme days! There are optional but a BLAST!
- Tues: Wacky Tacky Day- go ahead and match your stripes, colors, plaid and whatever else you find around the house.
- Wed: Circus Day– clowns, animals, circus acts or ringmaster! Be the greatest showman.
- Thurs: Superhero/Villains Day - throw on your cape or a mask and choose the side of good or evil.
- Tues: Under the Sea– mermaids, sea creatures or anything you can dream up.
- Wed: Movie Star Day- dress like your favorite celebrity or just Hollywood glamour.
- Thurs: Safari/Jungle- dress like an animal or a in your best safari style.
Camps are staffed by qualified theatre teachers and high school interns. Every adult is put through an application, interview and background check process. Our teachers have years of training and higher level education in the arts or education, experience working with children, personal performing credits, and experience with theatrical productions.
- Camp Coordinator
- Drama Teacher/Director
- Voice Teacher
- Dance Teacher
- Theatre Workshop Teacher
- 5-7 High school interns
- 3-4 Intern's in Training (IIt's)
- 1 tech person (show runs & performances only)